More Practice Pictures:
Spring Update post.
Big Ten Network:
The Big Ten Network is gearing up to have a lot of spring football coverage at the end of this month. Gerry DiNardo and Howard Griffith are traveling around the Midwest to the different schools to watch practices and their analysis will be aired between April 14th and April 28th in 5 Big Ten Tonight broadcasts. The pair was in Iowa City on Wednesday and Griffith had some nice things to say about the Hawkeyes. Spring games are also being aired, but not Iowa's (mostly just the actual games are being covered).
Marc Morehouse posted 6 short videos from spring practice on Wednesday. It is always interesting to see some of the drills that normally go on behind closed doors, but the video I liked the most was of the first string offense.
- The starting o-line (from left to right) is still: Reiff, Vandervelde, Ferentz, Gettis, Zusevics.
- Don Nordmann looks like he could be in the mix at receiver. DJK wasn't there on Wednesday, per Morehouse, but the 3 guys I see with the first team are Nordmann, McNutt, and Sandeman. Maybe as a senior Nordmann is ready to break out.
- Both Wade Leppert and Brad Herman were also getting some first team reps.
Spring Open Practice/Controlled Scrimmage/Not a Game
HakweyeSports.com released some more information on the spring football practice that's open to the public. Key points:
- When: Saturday April 17th, 2010 - 1:00 PM (for about 2 hours)
- Where: Kinnick Stadium
- Parking: All the adjacent parking lots will be open.
- Price: FREE! But bring some non-perishable food items to donate.
- Seating: The West and South grandstands will be open.