Result: Win 30-27
Record: 2-0 (1-0)
Ranking: 14/13 (AP/Coaches)
ESPN360: Watch Game
- Rushing: GT Anthony Allen - 5 rushes for 127 yards
- All Purpose: CLM C.J. Spiller - 234 all purpose yards
- Total Offense: GT - 418, CLM - 386
- 1st quarter: Tarrant returns a punt 85-yards for a TD. GT up 14-0.
- 2nd quarter: Down 24-0, C.J. Spiller catches a 63-yard pass on a wheel route to score Clemson's first points.
- 3rd quarter: On 3rd and 7, Clemson continues its comeback with a 77 yard bomb down the middle of the field to put the score 24-21.
- 4th quarter: Nesbitt completes a 39 yard pass on 3rd and 11 to Demaryius Thomas with less than 2 minutes to go setting up the game winning field goal.
Georgia Tech came out on fire for the second straight week. After trading a couple of quick possessions, Tech rattled off an 82-yard TD run, followed by an 85-yard punt return for a TD, followed by an interception that set up a 3rd TD on a fake field goal (which was illegal)and a 21-0 lead with 3 minutes left in the 1st quarter.
Things then slowed way down for Georgia Tech who struggled on 3rd down all game long (just 3 of 14). This allowed Clemson to rattle off 27 straight points behind a couple of big pass plays and some steady drives resulting in field goals.
With the game on the line though, and trailing by 3, Tech mustered 2 more field goal drives in the 4th quarter. The game winning field goal came with just 1 minute left and the defense held Clemson to 4 straight incomplete passes to end the game and left one Clemson fan disgusted.