Some other things:
- Minnesota only returns 2 on defense. Wow, that's not a great situation. They were already just a mediocre defense, so will have a huge up hill battle this year on that side of the ball.
- Iowa should have the best defense in the league next year returning 8 starters. In 2009, Penn State and Ohio State were better statistically, but both teams lose a lot of talent.
- Michigan returns a lot of starters, like Wisconsin, so you would expect improvement. It may be a tough game this year in the Big House.
Returning All-Big Ten
- Indiana (1) - Tandon Doss (1st Team Offense)
- Iowa (4) - Adrian Clayborn (1st Team Defense), Tyler Sash (1st Team Defense), Derrell Johnson-Koulianos (2nd Team Offense), Brett Greenwood (2nd Team Defense)
- Michigan State (1) - Greg Jones (1st Team Defense)
- Northwestern (1) - Stefan Demos (1st Team Special Teams)
- Ohio State (4) - Justin Boren (1st Team Offense), Brandon Saine (2nd Team Offense), Cameron Heyward (2nd Team Defense), Ross Homan (2nd Team Defense)
- Penn State (2) - Evan Royster (1st Team Offense), Stefen Wisniewski (1st Team Offense)
- Purdue (3) - Keith Smith (1st Team Offense), Ryan Kerrigan (1st Team Defense), Ralph Bolden (2nd Team Offense)
- Wisconsin (4) - Gabe Carimi (1st Team Offense), John Clay (1st Team Offense), John Moffitt (1st Team Offense), Jay Valai (2nd Team Defense)
Iowa's Leading ReturneesThe Hawkeyes have two of the conferences leading statical returnees. Adrian Clayborn is the leading returnee in tackles for loss. He had 20 TFLs last year totaling a loss 107 yards for opponents. Tyler Sash is the league's top returning ball hawk. He had 6 interceptions in 2009 including 3 against Iowa State. Also, interesting...Sash is just 109 interception return yards away from holding the Big Ten record (and he's averaged 175 return yards in his first 2 years). By the end of this year Sash may very well be the record holder, and if not this year almost certainly next.
A couple more of these and he'll have the record.
New Big Ten Bowl Lineup
- Rose Bowl (BCS) vs. Pac 10
- Capitol One Bowl vs. SEC
- Outback Bowl vs. SEC
- Gator Bowl vs. SEC
- Insight Bowl vs. Big 12
- Texas Bowl vs. Big 12
- Dallas Football Classic vs. Big 12
- Little Caesars Pizza Bowl vs. MAC